MCEA’s Educator’s Non-Teacher National Certification Reimbursement for FY 2022-2023
In June, the MCEA Representative Assembly passed a budget for FY 2022-2023 that created a professional development grant to assist members that are not eligible for NBCT in obtaining and maintaining National Certification in their field.
Total Funds available for FY 2022-2023: $5,000
Reimbursement Period: FY 2022-2023; (September 1, 2022, through August 31, 2023)
Max reimbursement per member per FY: $100
Eligible members: Non-teacher MCEA members (see unit classification list in Appendix A of the MCEA – MCPS contract.)
- Any conference or professional learning opportunity for which a member received continuing education credits that can be applied towards obtaining or renewing a national certification; and
- Any fees associated with applying for initial or renewal of national certification through the appropriate professional organization and/or governing body
Instructions & Rules:
- Submit request electronically via this form. You must attach PDF copies of:
- Itemized receipt(s) AND
- For expense incurred by participation at a conference or professional learning opportunity that includes the continuing education credits that can be applied towards obtaining or renewing a national certification if applicable, include supporting documentation from the organization.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed and must be resubmitted.
- Complete requests will be funded on a first come basis until funds are exhausted. The submission date is based on the date/time stamp by google on the form; In the case of incomplete requests, eligible members must reapply and include their complete. documentation. The date of the resubmission will count as the date/time stamp.
- All requests must be submitted with supporting documentation by September 15, 2023.
- The MCEA Vice President will review complete submitted requests for approval on the last Friday of the month starting in January 2023. It is recommended that members submit their application two weeks prior to the review date. January 27, 2023
i. February 24, 2023
ii. March 31, 2023
iii. April 28, 2023
iv. May 25, 2023
v. June 30, 2023
vi. July 28, 2023
vii. August 25, 2023
- An approval or denial will be sent to the personal email submitted on the form
- Payment will be issued from Bill.com, not MCEA
- It is strongly recommended to opt for an electronic fund transfer
- Bill.com will send an invitation to register within a week of when you are notified of approval. (Please check your junk mail)
- If you do not register with bill.com and opt for an electronic transfer, Bill.com will send you a paper check. (Please do not mistake it for junk mail and throw it out.
- Payment may take as long as a month from when you create a bill.com account. A paper check may take longer.
If you feel that your request for reimbursement has been erroneously denied, you may appeal the denial of your request. Appeals must be submitted via email directly to the MCEA Vice President within 30 days of their receipt of the denial of your request. Please include why you believe your request should be approved and attach any additional supporting documentation.