Become a Member
Together we are 14,000 educators in Montgomery County advocating for our schools, our students, and ourselves. Fill out your membership application today!
We are MCEA
Whether you’ve been a teacher for one day or forty years, now is the time to band together and make ourselves heard. Now is the time to improve our classrooms for ourselves and our students. Now is the time to join MCEA.
We Stand Together
Becoming a member of MCEA connects you with a movement of educators. We are a community that will help you advocate for the funding, resources, and support you and your students deserve. Including:
- Having a voice at the table to advocate for improved working and student learning conditions, including winning increased pay and benefit
- Gaining professional development and leadership training
- Joining forces to make a difference in the social justice issues that matter most to you and affects your students’ lives
- Enhancing educator rights and offering guidance, advice, and, if necessary, legal representation
- Providing all eligible association members with professional liability insurance
- Improving your buying power and saving money with NEA’s Member Benefits program
- We are currently negotiating for a safe return to the building during the COVID-19 Pandemic. These ongoing negotiations with MCPS will have a direct impact on your safety and the safety of our community.