Credentials and Elections
Chair: Rainer Kulenkampff
- Prepare an annual calendar of elections
- Develop guidelines for the nomination and election of Officers, Directors, Representatives to the local assembly, members of the Councils on Teaching, and Learning, Collaboration Committees, MSEA, and NEA assemblies. Such guidelines shall be presented to the Representative Assembly for review and adoption no later than November.
Constitution & Bylaws Committee
- Receive, prepare, and introduce to the MCEA Representative Assembly proposed constitutional amendments for consideration, in accordance with current MCEA by-laws.
- Review and present to the delegates the rules of order to the MCEA Representative Assembly, including and recommended amendments.
- Design and carry out a plan to provide support throughout the year and during the MCEA Representative Assembly to members and delegates wishing to advance a motion, including notification of appropriate deadlines.
- Credential delegates for the MCEA Representative Assembly and hold elections for delegates to the MSEA and NEA Representative Assemblies
Political Action and Legislative Supports (PALS) Committee
Chair: Dustin Jeter
- Develop questionnaires to be approved by the MCEA Board of Directors for recommendation of candidates for local offices.
- Work with the MCEA Board of Directors to develop and implement a strategic plan for increasing the number of recurring contributors to the fund, and the amount given by all contributors.
- Provide lists of recommended candidates for state and federal offices to the MSEA Board of Directors, and the Fund for Children and Public Education Committee.
- Prior to the development of the MCEA Strategic Plan, prepare a county legislative program, for adoption by the MCEA Board.
- Prepare and submit annually for approval to the MCEA Board of Directors MCEA Legislative Priorities and develop a lobbying plan to include broad-based outreach to members, Building Action Teams, and education stakeholders.
- Make recommendations to the MCEA Board of Directors on legislative matters consistent with association policy.
- Make recommendations to the MCEA Board of Directors on partnering with organizations and coalitions on issues/legislation of common interest.
- Recommend to the MCEA Officers possible amendments to the MSEA legislative program.
- Prior to the development of the MCEA strategic plan, make recommendations to the MCEA Board of Directors on membership recruitment and retention, and an organizing plan to increase member engagement, in order to move the Association’s program.
Instruction and Professional Development Committee
- Make recommendations to the MCEA Board of Directors on the development and implementation of a strategic professional development plan for all educators, prior to the development of the MCEA Strategic Plan.
- Work with other MCEA committees, as appropriate, to align and inform planning for the
Professional Learning Committee sessions and professional development.
Human and Civil Rights Committee
- Identify current issues and trends impacting the human and civil rights of our students and members.
- Promote and enhance communication to and from the MSEA HCR committee.
- Make recommendations to the MCEA Board of Directors on the development of a plan
to address the issues and trends impacting the human and civil rights of our students and
- At the direction of the MCEA Board of Directors, assist with engaging members to eliminate or promote identified practices.
- Work with other MCEA committees, as appropriate.
Minority Affairs Committee
Chair: Dionna Ricks
- Recommend outreach strategies to leadership to enhance minority representation at and
participation in MCEA, MSEA, and NEA events, trainings, and activities and serving in a
- Actively assist in the identification and recruitment of local minority leaders.
- Share with the MCEA president and Board of Directors issues of particular interest to
minorities and education stakeholders with suggestions on how to address them.
- Review bi-annually with the MCEA vice president the continuing implementation of MSEA’s Member Involvement Affirmative Action Plan.
- Promote and enhance communication to and from MSEA and NEA minority affairs committees.
- Recommend to the MCEA president and the MCEA Board of Directors relationships to cultivate in the minority community to complement MCEA priorities.
Contract Maintenance Team
- Responsible for discussing contractual violations, trends related to representation issues, reviewing reports of class action grievances.
- Identify future solutions to address member issues.
- Analyze the contract to identify ambiguous language, the need for additional language, and weak language that needs revision or omission.
- Responsible for advising the Board on member grievance appeals.
Board Audit Committee
- Responsible for reviewing the results of the annual Association audit at the close of each fiscal year.
- Recommend to the MCEA Board of Directors changes related to the financial policies and procedures.
New Educator Action Team Committee
- Prior to the development of the MCEA strategic plan, make recommendations to the MCEA Board of Directors related to early career educator support, recruitment, retention, fostering engagement in association program, and leadership development.
- Develop a strategic recruitment campaign to engage new educators, in order to build association membership.